On Dec 22, 2009, at 10:45 PM, Rick Mann wrote:

> I'm listening for that notification. Sure is a clunky way to do things. I've
> never used a view framework that didn't tell views when they became
> active/inactive.

AppKit views don’t have a native active/inactive status like carbon HIToolbox
controls.

For views which alter their appearance based on whether or not they are first
responder, or in a key/main window, you must track this state yourself.

> I'm not sure viewDidMoveToWindow works here. I'm using it already for
> something else, and it gets called 3 times when my window is created, but
> never when activated.

You can use viewWill/DidMoveToWindow to stop observing notifications on your
preview window (if any) and start observing notifications on your new container
window (if any), not for the tracking of the “active” state itself.

- Jim