I bashed into a problem with NSKeyedArchiver trying to encode
NSValue objects.

I am using NSValue to wrap up CGPoint and CGSize structures, then
doing an  encodeObject:  forKey:  to encode the NSValue.

I get this message:

    [NSKeyedArchiver encodeValueOfObjCType:at:]: this archiver cannot encode
structs'

I poked around in CocoaBuilder and Google for some definitive answers, but
the discussions appear to be mostly froth.     This seems a little strange, as
UIKit
provides a bunch of NSValue additions to encode those CG structs, but the
NSKeyedArchiver can't encode them.     And the message is somewhat misleading:
I'm encoding the NSValue object, not the structure . . .    I'm assuming (I
know, one
should never assume) that the NSValue object is invoking that
encodeValueOfObjCType:at:
message . . .

I'd like to get some clarification or definitive answers on what's going on . .
.
The available discussions I was able to find were not very helpful . . .

In the meantime, for anybody else tripping over this, I worked around it by

    encodeObject: NSStringFromCGPoint(point)  forKey: locationKey

    Cheers,
        . . . . . . . .    Henry

iPhone App Development and Developer Education . . .
        Visit  www.nonatomic-retain.com

Mac OSX Application Development, Plus a Great Deal More . . .
        Visit  www.trilithon.com