On Dec 26, 2009, at 9:38 PM, Carter Allen wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Thanks in advance, I know this is a lot to ask. I am working on a framework
> of custom classes for my own personal use, and it was going very well until
> I started to work on the Interface Builder plugin part. Download the
> non-working code here <http://c.zcr.me/7aBcU>. I have think that I have done
> everything necessary to make my plugin work so far (I know I haven't
> programmed the backend of the inspector palette, but that shouldn't prevent
> it from working. I would really appreciate it if someone could look at the
> code and see what is causing my problems, as I am completely stumped. The
> problem right now is that when I hit Build and Go in XCode, IB launches but
> never gets past the "bouncing" stage. It freezes up and doesn't continue.

When IB is bouncing, can you hit pause in the debugger and grab a backtrace?
What is that backtrace? Is it in your code? Have any exceptions been raised? Is
anything logged to the Xcode run log?

> When I try to load the plugin normally, it gives me this
> alert<http://c.zcr.me/7aE2E>.
> I searched about that error, and the only people online that talk about it
> are people that messed up the linking of the framework, and in all of their
> cases, the plugin worked fine thru XCode.

I'm guessing that you loaded the built plug-in out of your build directory? If
so, the framework and the plug-in will not be in the correct relative locations
to be loaded by IB, and you'll see that message. If you do an "xcodebuild
install" of the plug-in project, and the install the result, you should be able
to load that instance, but I'd expect that you'd run back into the first
problem.

Jon Hess