In my app I have a situation where I have two (Core Data) documents open, and I
need to merge all the changes made in one doc1 to the changes in doc2. I've
been reading the section on Change Management in the Core Data Programming
Guide, but it just talks about the caveats and gotchas, and doesn't actually
talk about how to effect the merge. It also only talks about the example where
the two MOCs share a single file, which is not the case here.

Where is merging itself documented? The MOC reference only talks about a merge
notification. I need to do something like:

        mergeMOC: doc1.managedObjectContext into: doc2.managedObjectContext;

Note that I'm not worried about all the issues that can arise for completely
general merges. Doc2 will not have changes that conflict with doc1 (doc1
contains all-new data).

TIA,