The docs say: " By default, the cell’s action is invoked during typing after a
short delay."
And it also "sends the action message when the user presses the Return key".

Both are things I like as they are.

But: I would also like to know, whether the action was send because the user
did press the Return key or just because a short delay has passed.

How could I get this information?

The reason: When the user hits Return, I want to add the string into a history
of searched items.

I guess, I could, whenever the action method is sent (or when the observed text
changes), look at the first item in recentSearches and compare it to the
previous value. Kind of convoluted - so my hope for a more direct way.

10.6.2

Kind regards,

Gerriet.