> Services no good?

Well originally I dismissed them because my understanding is that they
are meant to work in place. So there would be no time for the user to
do there work in the external editor. But now that I think about it I
could maybe use services in a bit more tricky manner. For example my
app could declare two services.

Begin Editing
Save Changes

When QuickCursor detects the global hotkey to start editing it would
use the accessibility api to invoke the begin editing service. That
service wouldn't actually do anything, it would just echo the string
back so that there were no changes, but that would give QuickCursor a
way to intercept the string and send it on to the external editor.

When it's time for QuickCursor to write back changes it would invoke
he save changes service. That service would return the newly edited
string from the external editor. If it can be made to work I think
this solution is great.

But my one fear is that the write back part will not work unless the
source app is frontmost. I guess I'll just have to try it, but does
anyone know ahread of time if I'll run into the same problems that
I've run into with the paste menu not working right?

Last, how would I go about sending Cmd-C/Cmd-V keystrokes directoy to
another application?

Thanks,
Jesse