Hey,

my goal is to send an email w/attachment from within my app. I have a view with
a couple UIPickerViews and some buttons on screen. One button triggers this
code ( as simplified as I can make it and still reproduce the issue )

// mailDialog is a MFMailComposeViewController class variable declared in the
header

- (void)sendEmail:(id)sender
{
        mailDialog = [[MFMailComposeViewController alloc] init];
        mailDialog.mailComposeDelegate = self;
        [self presentModalViewController:mailDialog animated:YES];
        [mailDialog release];
}

I call this code, the view slides in nicely. I set the Delegate so the Cancel
button works as expected, and if I set a recipient programmatically it works to
send the message. Adding content, subject, and even the attachment all work as
desired. What doesn't happen, is the text fields being editable. You can not
change the recipients, the subject, or the body. The views seem to be totally
ignoring my taps.

I am calling this code in my main view controller, as per all the example code
I could find on this. I think my next things to try are breaking the email
stuff into a separate class, and then maybe hiding the existing view to see if
somewhere the tap hierarchy is getting messed up. Any and all
advice/experience/input is much appreciated.

- brian