No, I wasn't aware of that, and I certainly don't find mention of it in the documentation for NSTableView or NSTableColumn. But tonight when I get home, I will try it!

On 2010-01-11 23:53, Kyle Sluder wrote:
On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Charles Jenkins<cjenk...@tec-usa.com>  wrote:
The ZIP Inspector program works as advertised, but I'm annoyed by the fact
that the filenames shown in the Table View get truncated due to the width of
their column, which does not resize no matter how big I make the Table View.
(The Table View resizes with the window, and I've set the column's Max Width
to 10000.)
I'm confused. This works out of the box for me on Snow Leopard. Drop
an NSTableView in a window, set the autoresize mask, removed the
second column, made the remaining column the width of the table view.
Works like a charm. Perhaps you aren't aware that a column will only
resize if it is already the width of the view?

--Kyle Sluder