Hi !

I'm new to coreAnimation, and there is something that I don't grasp yet.
I'd like to composite a series of images (sometimes a few hundred) inside a
view.
Those images will sometimes remain where they are, or be resized or moved
around.
>From what I understand, backing an NSView with a CALayer brings an optimized
rendering
pipeline (I guess using the GPU etc).
>From the docs, CALayers are described as model objects, used to orchestrate
the drawings
and animations. Alright.
But the docs also describe how to use CALayer delegates to handle the actual
drawing
(drawLayer: inContext:).
So this is getting me a bit confused.

I've started to create a simple view hierarchy with a scrollview and an
NSView in it, in IB, and I
checked the wants coreAnimation layer on my NSView.
Should I then override drawRect: in my view and draw each of my images there
(intersecting the visible rect),
or rather should I not create an NSView, and add programmatically a CALayer
to the
scrollview and override drawLayer: inContext: and do the drawing there ?
Or (but this sound much heavier) should I add many NSViews or NSImageViews
to the
backing layer and move/resize them afterwards ?

hmmmmm

any light on this will be more than welcome !

thanks