> 1. Creating an iCal account. This one sticks out because it is so
> unnecessary and buggy that it makes me want to shoot my monitor every
> time it appears.
> 2. The Bluetooth mouse and keyboard detection ones.
> 3. The Certificate Signing Request generator in Keychain Access.app.
> 4. First-launch of Mail.app

5. When you turn on your Mac for the first time,
6. First-time iChat,
7. First-time iTunes,
8. Network Diagnostics assistant thing,
9. Remote Install OS X,
10. Any installation package,
11. Display color calibration,
12. Boot Camp Assistant,
13. Migration Assistant

And of course, there's always the "Learn more about iLife '09!"
dialogs. And the QuickTime content guide. Or the "Try MobileMe! It's
rad!" dialogs.

As long as we're following Apple's example, I say bombard the user
with ads and wizards until their eyes bleed. :)