Hello.  OS X 10.6 is the first version of OS X that doesn't support the
PowerPC architecture (http://www.apple.com/macosx/specs.html).  We're
working on a Cocoa server-side web framework and server (
http://www.bombaxtic.com/bombax) and so far we've been making universal
builds.  We support OS X 10.5 or 10.6 and our plan is to keep 10.5 as our
minimum OS version.

But, the big question we're debating is whether to include PPC support in
the production release.  Since our product is still in beta, we have the
pleasant opportunity to decide this without worrying about cutting off
support to existing customers.  Supporting Intel-only would make testing,
development, and tech support easier.  On the other hand, we don't want to
alienate developers and administrators that are still loving their PowerMac
G5 Quads :).

So the big question I have for the group is whether it is important for new
Cocoa software that has a 10.5+ requirement to support PowerPC.  We really
want to do the best by our users, both in the sense of supporting their
hardware and developing new features more quickly.  Any advice or similar
experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dominic Blais
Chief Operating Officer - domi...@bombaxtic.com
Bombaxtic LLC - http://www.bombaxtic.com