I'm trying to set the selected item in an NSBrowser.

I don't want to use setPath: because the items I'm storing in the browser are
not unique, so therefore paths are not unique.

I'm trying to use setIndexPath: but when I try the program throws an exception:

HIToolbox: ignoring exception 'setSelectionIndexPath: is not supported for
browsers with matrix delegates.' that raised inside Carbon event dispatch
(
0   CoreFoundation                      0x00007fff80322444
__exceptionPreprocess + 180
1   libobjc.A.dylib                     0x00007fff8055d0f3 objc_exception_throw
+ 45
2   AppKit                              0x00007fff8378e252 -[NSBrowser
setSelectionIndexPath:] + 128

I don't understand what this exception means.