Yes, that code is 100% fine.

Here's the logic from purely your point of view.

You allocate browserviewController and in doing so take ownership.
You do some stuff with browserviewController.
You are finished with browserviewController, and don't want to do anything
else with it, so you resign ownership.

>From a more global perspective, the navigationController becomes interested
in browserviewController when you ask it to push it, and it too takes
ownership, so when *you* release, the navigationController still has a
handle on the controller, and keeps hold of it until it decides it's done
with it.

Bob

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Philip Vallone <philip.vall...@verizon.net