On Jan 18, 2010, at 7:04 AM, Richard Somers wrote:

> - (void)drawInContext:(CGContextRef)context
> {
>     [CATransaction begin];
>     [CATransaction setValue:(id)kCFBooleanTrue
>                      forKey:kCATransactionDisableActions];
>
>     // Do some CG drawing ...
>
>     [CATransaction commit];
> }
>
> The problem is there is a remnant of an animation in the CALayer instance
> when the view is resized. It is not a full animation, but appears to be just
> one or two frames of an animation that occurs when the view is resized. Does
> anyone know what is happening and how it can be corrected?

-drawInContext: is too early to stop the creation of the animation, as it
occurs after -drawInContext: finishes and the layer's contents are set. You
need to override -actionForKey:, watch for the @"contents" key, and return nil.
There are actually lots of ways to do this so I highly recommend you read the
documentation for that action, as the other methods may be useful in other
contexts.
--
David Duncan
Apple DTS Animation and Printing