Okay, let me rephrase my question...

If I get a pointer to the NSArrayController and then call [myArrayController setContent:gameList], then should the array controller "just work"?

In other words, if the game descriptions do not appear in my NSPopUp, then the problem just about has to be in the binding of the NSPopUp to the array controller, right?

On 2010-01-17 15:17, Charles Jenkins wrote:
I am struggling with bindings. I have worked through the examples in the
Hillegass book, but it seems that none of the examples using NSPopUp quite
matches what I need.

In my app, just before a view appears, it gets handed a list of games in an
NSMutableArray. It makes the array available with -(NSMutableArray*)gameList. I
want the NSPopUp to contain a list showing the value of -(NSString*)description
for each item in the list.

I thought I was supposed to do this by adding an NSArrayController to my .nib
file, and then making the following bindings:
     Array Controller's Content Array = File's Owner.gameList
     NSPopUp's Content = Array Controller.arrangedObjects

At runtime I get a totally empty popup. I can imagine two possibilities for why
it doesn't work:
a) I've got the bindings wrong
b) The array controller can't handle the fact that the gameList pointer changes
right before the view gets shown

Can anyone help me get this working?

-------------------------------

Just in case it helps pre-answer any questions you may have, here are minimal
descriptions of my classes:

@interface GameScores {
}
-(NSString*)description;
@end

@interface GameViewController {
   NSMutableArray* gameList;
}
@property (retain) NSMutableArray* gameList;
@end

In the .nib file, NSArrayController tries to manage File's Owner.gameList, and
the NSPopUp is supposed to display the NSArrayControler's arrangedObjects.

This email sent to cjenk...@tec-usa.com