I am sending a view orientation data which works great, if the phone is held
up...

UIDeviceOrientation orientation = [[UIDevice currentDevice] orientation];

if( orientation == UIDeviceOrientationLandscapeLeft || orientation ==
UIDeviceOrientationLandscapeRight ){

[myView iAmLandscape:YES];

} else if(orientation == UIDeviceOrientationPortrait) {

[myView iAmLandscape:NO];

}

However if I have the phone angled back almost flat in my hand, it isn't
caught ... UIDeviceOrientationFaceUp and UIDeviceOrientationFaceDown seem to
screw this up. When some people use their phone, they hold it flat in their
hand which seems to produce an orientation of face up, but doesn't provide
portrait or landscape information.

What's the best way to tackle this?