On Jan 27, 2010 7:51am, Steve Bird <sb...@culverson.com> wrote:

On Jan 27, 2010, at 8:42 AM, lorenzo7...@gmail.com wrote:

I'm not sure if this is an XCode or Cocoa issue, so I'm going to post this question on both lists:

I'm adding localization strings to my application. So far, I've added Spanish, French, Italian and English Localizable.strings. When I change languages, everyone one of them works except, Italian. Here's what I did:

1) Add new strings to my project.

2) Get Info->Make file localizable

3) Get Info->Add Localization (English, French, Spanish, Italian)

4) Select each localization file, Get Info->Change encoding to UTF-8 and convert when prompted

5) Add localized strings ie "English string" = "Localized string";

Once I've done this, I go into System Preferences->Language and Text and move one of the languages to the top of the list and run the app. Every language is localized correctly, except for Italian. I've removed my localizations, cleaned my project a couple of times and the results are the same. Googling didn't find any helpful answers, but one post about iPhone localization said that I should be using ISO codes (it, fr, en, etc) as the usage of French, Italian and Spanish is deprecated, but removing my localizations and using the ISO codes gave the same results. So I'm at a loss, if anyone has any pointers, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

--- Just a thought - you might want to state exactly HOW it "doesn't work".

Steve Bird

Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.

www.Culverson.com (toll free) 1-877-676-8175

Of course, sorry. Instead of the localization value, I get the localization key instead, which is an English string.