Dear cocoa-ites,

I have multiple linked NSTableViews in an app. Depending on which one is clicked in the others change their contents. Now normally if someone clicks on table 1 they should not be allowed to have multiple selections; but if they click in table 2, the application needs to be able to select multiple items from table one.

At present the way I handle this is that if they click (actually double click) in table 2. [table1 setAllowMultipleSelection: YES ] is called, and then if I receive a selectiondidchange notification I check to see if it's table 1 and change it back to NO (a little more tricky than this, since messing in table 2 will send that notification so I have an object wide flag that I set to prevent this).

But this looks sloppy. The user actally can select multiple cells in table 1 but suddenly they are reduced to a single cell (versus not being able to select multiple cells).

Is there a better way to turn off and turn on this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Matthew