Hi,

is it possible, in Mac OS X 10.5, to get a list of the NSCollectionViewItems
directly from the NSCollectionView. The "content" Message returns a list of the
Represented-Objects, not the Items.

Currently I'm overwriting the "newItemForRepresentedObject". Within that method
I'm putting the created items in an internal Array for later use. While
debugging my App, under 10.6, I saw that NSCollectionView has a "_content"
attribute which holds all the NSCollectionViewItems. But calling "content" on
the CollectionView returns the Represented-Objects not the ViewItems.

I know in 10.6 there is a new method "itemAtIndex" which returns the ViewItem
but since my App has to be 10.5 compatible I can not use it.

I can live with the workaround of overwriting "newItemForRepresentedObject" but
to me it seems unnecessary because the CollectionView already has all the
information.

Any Ideas?

-
Joachim