On Feb 2, 2010, at 11:27 AM, Richard Penwell wrote:

Very true on the overall method, I'd prefer to make the whole thing asynchronous, but thus far cannot figure out how to wrangle SenTestKit into handling test methods that pass when a delegate method is called...

I've done this in the past by writing a test utility method that spins the runloop until a flag is set or a timeout occurs. The delegate method then sets the flag. It's sort of like what you're doing now, except that the synchronous stuff is in the test code, not in the actual library.