I would begin with Apple's picture-sharing sample code. I think that sample has two parts - server and client. Ther is also an iPhone sample dealing with locating Bonjour services.

Basically Bonjour is used to have the server (Mac app) and client (iPhone) discover each other. Then use whatever networking protocol you want to send data.

This setup works extremely well in the simulator. When working with real hardware you will need to connect it (and your Mac) to the same wifi network. There is currently no public APIs to talk to a docked iPhone OS device.

Sent from my iPhone