Goal: to have a touch on wifi (the router running out the back of my Mac)
running an app. I have a Mac desktop app running. I'd like to send strings
back and forth as commands.

Now, I checked out the WiTap application. If I run the app on Touches, they
see one another (both connected to the same router). If I run the Simulator
on the Mac supplying the internet connection to the router itself, it
doesn't see the other apps running on the touches. Do I need the Mac app to
be running on a laptop connected to the router too to get it to work, or is
there a way to tweak the WiTap code to have it work?

Ultimately I'll have to adapt the WiTap thing to work for my desktop OS X
app. I just don't know if I am making this more complicated than it needs to
be? Or is this the right path?

Eric