-[NSWindow mouseDown:]? (inherited from NSResponder).

Paul Sanders.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jerry Krinock" <je...@ieee.org>
To: "Cocoa Developers" <cocoa-dev@lists.apple.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:48 PM
Subject: Perform additional action when window receives any
mouse- or keyDown

At times, I attach an attached window to a document window.  I
would like this window to go away whenever the user clicks
anything in the window, kind of like a tooltip.

So I subclassed the window, overrode -sendEvent:, invoke super
and post a notification for which my window controller
registers, and in the notification handler I examine the event
type.  It works, but this seems quite heavy-handed to get
something so simple.  Did I miss a more lightweight way to do
this?

Thanks,

Jerry Krinock