On Feb 16, 2010, at 13:19, Joe Ranieri wrote:

Oops! The doc says it was introduced in 10.6 and I need to support 10.5. I guess I'll have to check "IOPMAssertionCreate"...

Curious. The header file says:
IOReturn IOPMAssertionCreateWithName(
                      CFStringRef          AssertionType,
                      IOPMAssertionLevel   AssertionLevel,
                      CFStringRef          AssertionName,
IOPMAssertionID *AssertionID) AVAILABLE_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_5_AND_LATER;

Is the header wrong?

It could be a function that existed as private API in 10.5, was made public in 10.6, and retroactively made public for 10.5. This means you can call the function on 10.5 but it only exists in the headers in the 10.6+ SDK (even if you're building for 10.5)

If you still need to build with the 10.5 SDK, you can copy the declaration from the newer SDK and paste it into your own code.