Boolean attributes in Core Data are not actually of type BOOL but rather
NSNumber. Thus, your NO value is interpreted as nil (since nil == 0 == NO)
and you're setting your attribute to nil. If the attribute is required, then
nil is not a valid value, and you will get a validation error. Next time, if
you look at the header of your file, it tells you what types you should use
as arguments to methods, and what types to expect as return values.

Steven Degutis
Software Engineer
Big Nerd Ranch, Inc.
http://www.bignerdranch.com/