Hi all !

So I have a question on how to resolve a little issue I have with NSScrollView. I have created everything programmatically (a little exploration task to learn and understand how to do stuff without IB). I have an NSOutlineView enclosed in an NSScrollView (as recommended by documentation). All works good except for little thing. Since NSOutlineView is not populated, content area is empty, but vertical scroller knob
is shown (horizontal not showed).

Question: Why ?

I googled for an answer and got some facts together but don't really know how to get to the solution to rectify the issue.

Facts: Scroller in this situation is shown because NSOutlineView has NSTableHeader shown (instantiated). If I set NSOutlineView headerView to nil, it gets released and not shown in the NSScrollView, and then there is no scroller knob.

But what if I want to have NSTableHeader ?
Seams to me that if the headerView is ON, NSScrollView makes wrong calculation of how much is the content area big and
how much should it be shown.
I have been examining the documentation for NSScrollView and NSClipView and found couple of methods that has something to do regarding
that but I don't know to make a use of them.

If any one knows something which could point me to the solution it will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance. Bye.

P.S. example picture in attachment

<<inline: window.jpg>>

Mario Kušnjer