On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 8:15 AM, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:
> why would that leak it? Those calls are paired, a table enters editing mode,
> the variable is set and what it's set to is retained, when the table exits
> editing mode again the cached value is released and nil'ed. The variable is
> also released in dealloc (not shown here). I do not know of a case where
> setEditing is called with YES twice without an intervening setEditing:NO.

Just because you don't know of a case doesn't mean that you shouldn't
be prepared for it. If I were you, I would do something like:

-(void)setEditing:(BOOL)editing animated:(BOOL)animated
{
    if(editing) {
        [preEditPath release];
        preEditPath = [[[self tableView] indexPathForSelectedRow] retain];
    }

    [super setEditing: editing animated: animated];

    if(!editing && preEditPath)
    {
        [[self tableView] selectRowAtIndexPath: preEditPath animated:
YES scrollPosition: UITableViewScrollPositionNone];
        [preEditPath release ];
        preEditPath = nil;

That is, release preEditPath in the editing case before setting it, to
avoid a leak in the case you are called twice with a value of YES, as
well as avoid passing a nil preEditPath to
-selectRowAtIndexPath:animated:scrollPosition: in the case that you
are called twice with a value of NO.

--
Clark S. Cox III
clarkc...@gmail.com