On 2/18/10 4:13 PM, Jerry Krinock said:

>Quincey's answer is excellent, and abstract.  Let me give you a concrete
>example from one of my projects.  Presumably your table is bound to an
>array controller whose contentSet or contentArray is bound to a
>collection of Foo objects in your data model.
>
>Table Column Bindings for "OS Version" column:
>
>Content:
>  Bind to: FooArrayController
>  Controller Key: arrangedObjects
>  Model Key Path: osVersionChoices
>
>Content Values:
>  Bind to: FooArrayController
>  Controller Key: arrangedObjects
>  Model Key Path: osVersionChoices.osVersionDisplayName
>
>Selected Object:
>  Bind to: FooArrayController
>  Controller Key: arrangedObjects
>  Model Key Path: osVersion

Jerry,

Thanks for this example.  I've used this technique elsewhere and like it
too, but alas as soon as you want menu separators in the popup this no
longer works.  Unless you are aware of some way...

In my case currently, I need several separators and also an 'other...'
item that brings up an open panel.  I'm going to investigate
menuNeedsUpdate: a bit...

Thanks all,