On Feb 22, 2010, at 2:59 pm, Ken Tabb wrote:

> Distilling my problem down into the Department & Employees example, both are
> custom NSManagedObject subclasses, each with an inverse to-many / to-one
> relationship as you'd expect. My problem is that Department's custom
> -awakeFromInsert gets called, yet its -addEmployeesObject and -addEmployees
> methods don't ever get called. If I add employees in the app, it all works
> swimmingly, but my custom accessors aren't ever used.

<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CoreData/Articles/cdTroubleshooting.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40002320-SW3>

Custom relationship set mutator methods are not invoked by an array controller
Problem: You have implemented set mutator methods for a relationship as
described in “Custom To-Many Relationship Accessor Methods,” and have bound
thecontentSet binding of an NSArrayController instance to a relationship (as
illustrated by the Employees array controller in NSPersistentDocument Core Data
Tutorial), but the set mutator methods are not invoked when you add objects to
and remove objects from the array controller.

Cause: This is a bug.

Remedy: You can work around this by adding self to the contentSet binding's key
path. For example, instead of binding to [Department Object
Controller].selection.employees, you would bind to [Department Object
Controller].selection.self.employees.

mmalc