On 23 Feb 2010, at 18:17, Kyle Sluder wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 7:05 AM, Keith Duncan <ke...@33software.com> wrote:
>
>> However, if I click my 'Done' button, which first attempts to -commitEditing
>> for the hosting view controller, and will then close the hosting child
>> window if -commitEditing returns YES; the error is presented as a floating
>> window - this is not the desired behaviour.
>
> Have you set your view controller's nextResponder to point at something?

Yes, the responder chain from the view controller is:

-> Overview View Controller
-> Editing View Controller
-> Child Window
-> Child Window Controller
-> Parent Window Controller

I tried changing it so that the child window controller's next responder was
set to the parent window instead of it's controller but that didn't work.