On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:58 PM, Ashley Clark <acl...@ghoti.org> wrote:
> I've been using an embedded framework in a couple of my apps for database
> access. I've recently created an Automator action which also embeds this
> framework, built from within the same project. This Automator action is, in
> turn, then embedded within the app bundle also. Now at this point, there are
> two copies of the embedded framework contained within the app bundle.
>
> I've manually replaced the contents of the duplicate framework in the action
> with hard links to the other embedded framework and it works well but I'm
> wondering if there's some automated way to do this already that I'm missing.
>
> Does anyone know of a tool or Xcode setting that would do this or has someone
> already written this?

I assume that your framework is built with an install name that begins
with @loader_path/../Frameworks, right?

The framework's install name is copied into your .app and .action
binaries at link time, and it's those copies that the dynamic loader
uses to find the framework at run time. So, you can add a shell script
build phase at the end of your .action target, and use
install_name_tool to modify the .action binary to look in
@loader_path/../../../../../Frameworks instead.

sherm--

--
Cocoa programming in Perl: