Alright, I'm having the strangest issue. When I download an image from the
internet or pick it up from disk I use I load it as NSData, then initialize the
UIImage from the data. This is because when I write files to disk I am writing
them as png, being that png is the default for iPhone/iPod. When I do this,
transparency is preserved and the image looks exactly like I expect...
However. If I save an image to the photo library via Safari. For instance I
saved an icon in png format with transparency to the library. If I load this
image with the UIImagePickerController what I end up with is a UIImage who's
transparency is lost and instead it's the image in a black background.
I have not found anything in the imagepicker header or uimage header that has
anything to do with transparency that I know of. Is there a trick to preserving
transparency when receiving the image from UIImagePickerController?