Eric Schlegel  wrote:
> Mac OS X does not support window child/parent relationships across processes,
> so I think this approach isn't going to work for you.

Eric is completely right but I'm wondering if the OP is saying what he
means and meaning what he says...

Gaurav Srivastava wrote:
> I want the child application to open as modal within the parent
application and not as a separate application.
> I have the window handles of both applications.

Do you mean window or application? Your reference to Windows (capital
W) makes me wonder.

If you meant what you said Eric's answer is correct. If you just want
a separate window (from the same NIB/XIB or a different one) to be
shown modally then that is simple. This should get you started:
http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/cocoa/conceptual/WinPanel/Concepts/UsingModalWindows.html

If that is what you meant you should also read some intro guides on
Aqua & Cocoa... It's very different to Windows & most Mac users will
notice if you try to do things the Windows way... Apologies if you
know all this & I'm insulting your intelligence!

Matt