Hi,
I need to check whether a file or a symlink could be really copied.
I have just seen that the Cocoa API isReadableFileAtPath traverses the
symlink, so, in case the target file is not readable, my app doesn't copy
the symlink, while the Finder can properly do. So my app does wrong.

The question is:
How can I understand whether a file or symlink can really be copied?
I have seen that isReadableFileAtPath uses the C command "access" which
indeed traverses the symlink. So I cannot use it. So, any idea?
And I wouldn't use the Carbon APIs because I need to compile for 64 bit.
Thank you.

Leonardo