On 2 Mar 2010, at 14:39, Markus Spoettl wrote:

>>> Works fine for me. Are you sure it's not called/set? Put a breakpoint into
>>> the setter into the setter of your NSCollectienViewItem subclass to find
>>> out.
>>
>> Hmm, that's exactly how I'm finding out that it's not being called :/
>

> Then it actually may not be deselected. Are you sure it is being deselected?
> What controls your selection? What is your binding setup? Do you have
> multi-selection enabled? Maybe something is wrong with the selectionIndexes
> of the NSArrayController which I presume provides the content of the
> collection view and the selection. You're not saying what your setup is like.

The NSCollectionView certainly *thought* it was being deselected – if the user
clicks A, then A again, only one setSelected:YES gets sent, if the user clicks
A, then B, then A again, setSelected:YES gets sent to A twice and B once.

I've worked around this now by writing an NSCollectionView subclass with my own
selection and drag/drop code.