Ulai Beekam wrote:

> How can I send messages to my Cocoa app through the terminal? Say something
> like
> MyGreatMp3Player.app --sendAdvancedMessageThatIsNotInTheUI
> create100EmptyPlaylists

I think the simplest way would be to write yourself a simple command line tool
that uses Distributed Objects. I do this to control one of my own Cocoa-based
apps from the command line. See:

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/DistrObjects/DistrObjects.html

DO is no panacea, mind; e.g. see:

http://jens.mooseyard.com/2009/07/the-subtle-dangers-of-distributed-objects/

but if you understand and can work within its limitations, it's a very quick
and easy way to get 'low-level' access to the known innards of Cocoa apps.

HTH

has
--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net