Hello,

I would like to take advantage of the audio file services api for
extracting ID3 information from an incomplete mp3. At the moment I am
downloading just the ID3 portion of an mp3 file (using
NSURLConnection), and storing it in an NSData object. I'm trying to
use this ID3 data to create an AudioFileID with
AudioFileOpenWithCallbacks, by doing this I can use
AudioFileGetProperty to extract the tags. However,
AudioFileOpenWithCallbacks returns kAudioFileInvalidFileError when I
attempt this.

I don't know if this error is due to the fact that I need to do some
preprocessing on the downloaded mp3 data before passing it to
AudioFileOpenWithCallbacks, or if AudioFileOpenWithCallbacks simply
does not support incomplete mp3 files.

Does anyone have any thoughts? I'm trying to avoid writing my own ID3
parser if possible, and would prefer to not using external
libraries/frameworks

Thanks in advance!

-Rod