On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Keith Blount <keithblo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Running some test NSLogs, it certainly seems that NSDocumentController’s
> -initialize method is called before that of my application delegate -
> although I’m not entirely sure that is telling or not. I’ve been through my
> code looking for calls to NSDocumentController, trying to find any calls that
> could conceivably occur before MainMenu.nib gets initiated, but so far I’m
> stumped.

It's important to make a distinction between +initialize (the class
method which is sent by the runtime the first time a class is sent a
message) and -init (the instance method used to initialize an object).

As Quincy says, set a breakpoint on -sharedDocumentController. If that
doesn't work, you could load your app up in Instruments and use the
Object Graph template to find out where the first NSDocumentController
instance is allocated.

--Kyle Sluder