On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Gwynne Raskind <gwy...@darkrainfall.org> wrote:
> (It's even more annoying because it *was* an NSPoint in a much earlier
> iteration of the code and I changed it because it simplified the code in two
> dozen places, and because the property in question is integer and doesn't
> need the slower floating-point instructions to manipulate it.)

While floating point is indeed much slow than integer on some
processors, many modern processors are specially engineered to do
floating point just as fast as integer.  Are you targeting Mac OS X or
the iPhone?  I would expect modern Intel processors to have such fast
floating point, but probably not the iPhone's ARM processor.

Don Quixote
--
Don Quixote de la Mancha
quix...@dulcineatech.com