On Mar 16, 2010, at 12:09 PM, gMail.com wrote:

> Anyway, I have noticed that if in the Finder (MacOS X 10.6.2) I open a file
> which contains a backup date, then I modify the content and I save it, the
> backup date disappears.

What are you using to modify the content of the file? Consider the possible
ways this could be implemented:

a) application updates the file in place
b) application writes an entirely new file, then swaps it in place of the
original file.

In case (b) the application may or may not preserve metadata on the original
file.

Jim