On 18 Mar 2010, at 11:48, Peter Hudson wrote:

> Technical Q&A QA1361
> Detecting the Debugger
>
> Does this code report on my app being debugged by any third party, even when
> the app has been stripped of symbols ?
> Would it work irrespective of the debugging tool used ?

Did you read the warning at the bottom of the page?

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/qa/qa2004/qa1361.html

"IMPORTANT: Because the definition of the kinfo_proc structure (in
<sys/sysctl.h>) is conditionalized by__APPLE_API_UNSTABLE, you should restrict
use of the above code to the debug build of your program."

This suggests you should not put the example code in the release builds of your
program.