Thank you Joanna, that was very helpful.  So, from your experience,
mergeChangesFromContextDidSaveNotification: will not pick up adding a new
object, just editing an existing one?  It seems like the real pain point is
having to re-create the new object in the second managedObjectContext and copy
all it's properties.

Austin