Another place to look is:

http://www.red-sweater.com/blog/274/a-moveable-beast

Daniel Jalkut (Red Sweater is his company) wrote an NSArrayController subclass
that supports re-ordering of an NSTableView and released it under an open
source license. I've used it for a couple hobby projects of mine and it works
great.

It looks like someone put it on github

http://github.com/sdegutis/InspectorKit.framework/blob/91bee7c3adfd22e9d37ec26804b5015099a43afb/RSRTVArrayController.m

Dave