First: Yes, I've been looking around on the net to find an answer ;)

I really like the C++ method of using cin/cout in the iostream.h when
communicating via the standard input/output (i.e. the Terminal).

When doing this in Objective-C it gets, to me, very complicated. Seems I'm
going wrong some way.

My first attempt is of course to just use the cin/cout methods by importing
iostream.h, but when looking for the header file I find it deeply buried
(/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.6.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/Kernel.framework/Versions/A/Headers/IOKit/stream)
 and I don't succeed in importing it.
My conclusion from this is: I'm not supposed to use cin/cout in an Objective-C
application???

Second attempt is to use Objective-C methods like:

NSFileHandle *fileHandle = [NSFileHandle fileHandleWithStandardInput];
NSData *inputData;
NSString *inputString;

Person *aPerson = [[Person alloc] init];

printf("Type the persons first name: ");
inputData = [fileHandle availableData];
inputString = [[NSString alloc] initWithData: inputData
encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];
[aPerson setPersonsFirstName: inputString];

 Feels complicated. My conclusion: I'm making it more complicated than it
should be???

Happy for feedback!