On Mar 24, 2010, at 1:15 AM, Ken Thomases wrote:

> You can work around this by signing your app properly as part of building it,
> but I'm not sure it's common to sign development builds.

It’s somewhat common to sign debug builds of Internet applications, using a
self-signing certificate:

http://www.red-sweater.com/blog/514/development-phase-code-signing

Note that the article predates some Xcode support for code signing.  With
modern versions of Xcode — Xcode 3.1 and later, I believe — you don’t need to
use a Run Script build phase to do the code signing.  Specify the identity in
your build settings just like you would to debug your application on the iPhone
and Xcode will sign it.

Release builds of applications that listen for connections and applications
that use the Keychain really should be signed using a real certificate, to
avoid prompting the user to re-authorize on every update to the application.

  — Chris