Ok, I finally managed to get all the drawing/event-handling code
working for my borderless window subclass. The only problem I have
left now is performance. I have a basic formula in the mouseDown
method that does a little arithmetic and sets the window's new frame.
It works fine when the window is < 400 x 400, more or less. However,
when the window starts to get bigger, around 800x800 maybe, there is
very noticeable slowdown as the window is redrawn. I find this odd
because my drawing code is not complicated at all (I'm drawing a
rounded rect with a little arrow pointing up):

- (void)drawRect:(NSRect)rect
{
roundedRect.size.height = roundedRect.size.height - window.arrowHeight;
NSBezierPath *roundRectPath = [NSBezierPath
bezierPathWithRoundedRect:roundedRect xRadius:10.0 yRadius:10.0];

if (window.drawsArrow) {
      NSPoint p1 = NSMakePoint(NSMidX(rect) - window.arrowWidth / 2.0,
NSMaxY(roundedRect));
      NSPoint p2 = NSMakePoint(NSMidX(rect), NSMaxY(rect));
      NSPoint p3 = NSMakePoint(NSMidX(rect) + window.arrowWidth / 2.0,
NSMaxY(roundedRect));
      NSBezierPath *trianglePath = [NSBezierPath bezierPath];
      [trianglePath moveToPoint:p1];
      [trianglePath lineToPoint:p2];
      [trianglePath lineToPoint:p3];
      [trianglePath closePath];
      [roundRectPath appendBezierPath:trianglePath];

Is there some way to speed this up? Could something else be going on?

Thanks.