I think you're probably moving too fast.  Pasting is not a synchronous
operation.  What I'm guessing is happening is that you're filling the
pasteboard, pasting, filling, pasting, filling, and pasting, but the pasteboard
hasn't starting actually *pasting* until you've already refilled it a third
time.

One way around this is to declare and owner for the pasteboard, and not
initiate the next paste until the pasteboard's owner until *after* the owner
has received the pasteboard:provideDataForType: method.

However, even then it's not guaranteed to work, because there might be some
other utility (iClip, PTHPasteboard, whatever) that's listening for changes to
the pasteboard and requesting the data as well.

Dave