On 30/03/2010, at 9:59 AM, paul morel wrote:

> Hi, I would like to apply a custom CIFilter to a grayscale image. The problem
> is that the kernel of the CIFilter is for RGB images. So the output is a RGB
> image but I would like to convert it in grayscale and I have no idea how I
> could do that.This would be to display in a IKImageview.
> If someone have an idea let me know,Thanks,Paul

A greyscale RGB image contains identical data in the three channels, so throw
any two away. You can probably do that easily by creating a bitmap having the
greyscale characteristics you want and drawing the RGB image into it. That's
likely to be faster than picking over the bitmap data yourself.

--Graham