I'm turning toward the experts in the group here hopefully for some pointers.

I'm working on an application that runs for long period of time, collecting
information from the Internet using NSURLConnections. As such, I've been very
carefully with my memory management.

Now, I have problem where the same custom object which internally uses
NSURLConnections get released twice. The problem is that I don't seem to be
able to reproduce this in the debugger. Actually, running the debug build
doesn't exhibit the problem. When I do a release build, then the problem will
occur at random. I'm regularly polling information from the Internet but the
crash doesn't always happen at the same point. Sometimes, it's almost
instantaneous, sometimes, it takes a few runs before it crashes, but it will
eventually crash.

I've been reviewing my code but I don't seem to see where the problem is. I was
able to put some traces and it's definitely when I'm about to release one of my
downloader object. From the trace I've seen, when my downloader object has
finished downloading, it posts an NSNotification that my controller object is
registered to receive. I was able to identify my downloader objects uniquely
and what I found is that I receive the same NSNotification twice, at almost the
same time.

In any case, what would cause an application built with the debug configuration
to not exhibit this bug at all while the same application built with the
release configuration will crash randomly?

Thanks in advance for any pointer!

-Laurent.
--
Laurent Daudelin