On Mar 31, 2010, at 5:03 PM, Jerry Krinock wrote:

> So Ken I believe you're saying that the "cancelled" operations become ready
> to run immediately, which they do (as no-ops), which removes them from the
> queue.  In *effect* therefore, "are cancelled before they begin executing"
> *does indeed* == "removed from queue".

Yes, with the caveat that it can take some time.  An arbitrary amount.

> But maybe this is not true in 10.5?

On 10.5, -cancel does not make the receiver ready.  So, it still has to wait to
become ready in the normal way.  If you haven't overridden what readiness
means, then the operation just has to wait for all of its dependencies to
finish.  You can remove the dependencies at the same time you cancel the
operations, if you like, but there's no one-method way to do that.

Cheers,
Ken